Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the qestions I get asked the most and the answers I often give to them.
How much do you charge for a website?
What do you need to know before you can give me a quote?
How can I save money before you start the work?
What makes your pricing competitive?
Why should I hire you over another designer?
What experience do you have?
Question: "How much do you charge for a website? How much is a logo?"
Answer: My work is quoted on a per-job basis. Get in touch to discuss your project and budget and I will offer you a free quote!
Question: "What are the typical things that you need to know before you can provide a quote?"
Answer: Here are a few questions I usually ask before being able to provide a quote for web or graphic design jobs.
- Do you have a logo ready? Can you provide it in a vector format?
- Do you have web hosting?
- Do you have a domain name and web hosting?4. Do you have content (text & images) ready?
- Do you know how many pages you will need?
- Do you have an idea of the colours and fonts you like?
Question: "How can I save money before you start the work?"
Answer: Here are some tips for keeping the process as efficient as possible!
- Have your website images and text ready to go.
- Put together a 'website map' so that you know the structure of your website beforehand.
- Make sure you have a clear idea of what you want. The more time we have to spend changing things to get it right, the more expensive it becomes!
Question: "What makes your pricing competitive?"
Answer: As a freelance designer, my expenses are very low, and so I am able to work much cheaper than most web agencies.
Question: "Why should a customer hire you over another service provider?"
Answer: As a freelance designer, I am often able to get the job done faster and cheaper than a larger agency. And since I am local, you know you are not dealing with a dodgey web company that is just outsourcing the work overseas.
Question: "What experience do you have?"
Answer: I have eight years of professional web development and graphic design experience and a proven record of helping Australian businesses meet their digital goals